Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Cult of the b side


Recently I posted 3 tracks by Prefab Sprout, looking at the number of downloads the most popular was for a b side. Therefore every now and then I'm going to post a b side (do such things exist now?), from bands who seemed to take the idea seriously (ie didnt just stick an instrumental version of the a side or another album track on)


I'm going to start with James who throughout their career have made great b sides, some better than tracks on the lps that the a sides came from.


This one is from late period James and is one of the b sides to "I know What I'm Here for" the lead off single for the lp "Millionaires"


As ever with James it features some great backing vocals and some lyrics that probably think they are bit more profound than they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.