Thursday, 24 September 2009

A year in books part 2



Well I've rattled through this one although that isn't necessarily a good thing . The next 100 word review is for....

Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates

Revolutionary Road has come back into focus following the recent film adaptation. It tells the story of a young married couple in 50s America who self destruct. It is well written so I finished with a real understanding of and sympathy for the plight of the characters involved. However, they all come across as so self obsessed and unlikable making it difficult to look beyond how frustrated their actions and words made me feel. I am with one minor character who retreats into his own world by turning his hearing aid off.
No doubt a classic but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.