Thursday, 8 October 2009

Strange covers - Sennen


Following on the theme of cover versions, this track was sent to my inbox. It's a cover of one of my favourite new order songs - Bizarre Love Triangle. I don't normally post new music but following the last cover version well it was too good an opportunity. I really like the version that Sennen have done. Like all good cover versions they have kept the essence of the song but made it very different this time through guitars that sparkle. I don't know much about the band except that they already have released 2 lps with a 3rd due next year. If anything this track reminds me a bit of the House of Love which is no bad thing (could be explained by the fact that their second lp was produced by Pat Collier)




You can find their website here and their myspace site here . The myspace site is worth a visit as there are another couple of tracks on their which are also good.
On a sep note I keep tracks posted for a couple of months so I've just removed the august files - contact me if anyone wants to request a repost

2 comments:

  1. Damn,

    from the post title I thought it was going to be about someone covering the Ride track Sennen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be all part of the return of shoegazing

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.