Thursday, 26 November 2009

My indie past - The Beloved



One of the things I've got against the acid house scene of the late 80s (apart from that smiley face logo and the fact that people felt the need to blow whistles all the time) is that a lot of great guitar bands went to some raves took some e and started to produce some second rate dance music. The Beloved were a classic example. They went from the first track to the second.




One Hundred Words is one of those great lost songs, it reminds me a bit of New Order around time of "Temptation".




Time after Time is a pleasant enough pop song but I missed the band they were








3 comments:

  1. oh, I dunno, Sun Rising is a cracking song.....but yeah, it was a bit weird how they went from the sort of formulaic mid indie sound to the blissed out e's are good sound. God, it's all a long time ago now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably being a little unfair as i did like the Happiness lp - just missed the old guitar stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that's a tad harsh.

    I'll admit that Time After Time is dull, but tracks like The Sun Rising, Hello and Up,Up ansd Away were among the best things The Beloved ever shoved our way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.