Thursday, 4 February 2010

Strange Covers - Aztec Camera





I used to have one of those irrational dislikes for Cyndi Lauper, all based on the first time that hse appeared on Top of the Pops for some reason they did a quick interview after the song and she sounded like a hyper active child overdosing on helium. She seemed like the living version of that awful sign you'd sometimes see in a takeaway "you don't have to be mad to work here...." In my long coat from Oxfam all this calculated wackiness just wasn't on.




Anyway I cant deny despite the "zany" persona she has recorded 2 fantastic tunes in "Time after Time" and "True Colours". A while back I posted a cover of the first track and to complete the set here is a version of the second.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.