Saturday, 6 March 2010

Singular Sounds N - Neneh Cherry


Well it was a choice between this or Northside. Listening to them both again the Northside one has dated a bit so I've gone for Neneh Cherry. I didn't really like "Buffalo Stance" the lead off single to the "Raw Like Sushi" lp. However the follow up was another matter. The moody synths and low key vocals should jar with the rap parts but somehow they fit so well together. I think I must have suspected this was a bit of a one off as I didn't buy anything else by her


Looking at her Wikipedia page it is amazing the variety of stuff she has done and people she has collaborated with . All that and having her own cookery show as well!


Manchild - Neneh Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.