Monday, 26 April 2010

Monday Moments 7/26 - Into Temptation



Probably my favourite song about infidelity! Neil Finn can't have write a great tune and he is the master of the melancholic key change. His vocal seems to accept the inevitability of it all , he just knows he is going to give in and any resistance / doubt is token at best



"You opened up your door

I couldn't believe my luck"



He is even trying to kid himself that



"The mummer of nervous words could never amount to betrayal"



However, my Monday moment occurs at the end with the last thing he sings a desperate whispered "Don't Tell"



In that moment he makes what has come before even more real.















Into Temptation - Crowded House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.