Thursday, 6 May 2010

Life of Live - The Railway Children


I was really looking forward to this next concert. The band had released a fantastic debut lp on factory records, they had released 2 of my favourite singles of the year in gorgeous covers. Having bought their second lp (now on a major) it was a bit blander but was growing on me. All I can remember is that the Railway Children were really disappointing. The songs seemed to merge into one and all the subtleties seemed lost. Maybe it was the sound, maybe the venue , maybe an off day, I don't know


Brighter is still a stonking track though and the cover is still gorgeous



You can buy their debut lp "Reunion Wilderness" here

2 comments:

  1. I have a sort of factory cassette box of the debut Lp somewhere in my garage . One of the bands I always enjoy listening too . have you got ' a gentle sound ?' its all acoustic versions of the songs , very nice listen .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay,
    yes one of the delights of the internet is i stumbled acorss Gary Newby's website and it had detaisl there. It's a great cd

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.