Monday, 12 July 2010

Monday Moments

I've edited this due to a DMCA notice

Often mentioned as part of the curse of the male singer songwriter that followed in the slip stream of David Gray, there was always a lot more to Damian Rice than sad songs with an acoustic guitar. When the lp "O" came out it mixed the simple with the ambitious in a way that made it hard to believe that this was his first lp. There are many monday moments to be found but the one that still sends a shiver down the spine is "Cannonball"


I am a sucker for a repeated chorus where the lyrics change slightly at the end and so my monday moments comes with the last chorus


"Cause it's not hard to fall

and I don't want to scare her

It's not hard to fall

and I don't want to lose

It's not hard to grow old

When you know that you just don't know"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.