Saturday, 22 January 2011

The Spoken Word part 5 - The Personal



I don't really know why I like this one. If you listen to the lyrics .. well it is a bit cringe worthy (all that Evening Standard stuff). However, something about Bob Geldof's speaking voice and the acoustic guitar on the rootsy backing track track fit as if made for each other. I guess I also like the fact that the lyrics cover the mundane and it is in the mundane that the wonder of life exists (although I think I'm reading way to much into this). I also like the way it suddenly switches from what you think of as private musings to being addressed to someone specific. I think this is one of those spoken word songs that either the words or music wouldn't work on their own but together they kind of pull you in.


Having said all of that I'm fully expecting a number of you to not like this at all!

I've had a removal order for a previous Bob Geldof song so removed this link as well as can assume the same would apply

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.