Monday, 11 April 2011

Monday Moments 52/52 - Rattlesnakes


Well all good things have to come to an end and that goes for okayish things as well. Over the last 52 weeks I've tried to post tracks that have something about them that sends a shiver down my spine and it has come to the last part of the series. I realised when I looked back on who had featured over the previous 51 weeks that there wasn't anything by the person who is responsible for the largest number of songs on my pc so it feels right to end with something by Lloyd Cole


This song is consistently in my top 5 tunes and it comes from one of the best debuts ever. It is virtually the dictionary definition of "jangly pop songs with pretentious lyrics" and is joy from the initial country twang to the sweeping strings and the short story driven lyrics which I know off by heart.


The whole thing is one big monday moment for me but to chose one then it is for the fabulous hit the nail on the head couplet of


"Her heart's like crazy paving up side down and back to front

She says it's so hard to love when love was a sure great disappointment"


It even made me try Simone De Beavoir!
Rattlesnakes - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
The only thing now is that I now need another monday theme to keep me going until the next Miracle Mile release! I've got a bit of an idea that I'm going to start next monday unless anyone else can come up with a cracker.

2 comments:

  1. Ashamed to say this is a forgotten song of my (near) youth - thanks for the reminder. Off to look it up and play it loud now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon definitley one for playing loud!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.