Tuesday, 26 April 2011

One To Watch- The Tiny Birds



One of the delights of writing the blog is that I sometimes get new music sent to me via e:mail (although a lot of it seems to invite me to concerts in New York which for someone who lives in Teddington is very nice but would be a bit of an expensive night out)


One of the best that has come through recently is the London based band Tiny Birds who make that kind of infectious folky pop music I really like. The are slight echoes of Stornoway


They have just released a debut lp called "Hymns for the Careless" with 8 short and sweet infectious pop songs with lyrics that will make you smile - the description of "sad songs with happy music" is spot on.


For a new band they are also taking the risk of offering this debut FREE to download from their website here.


I've been beaten to the punch by Greer at the Sweet Unrest who must have received the same email you can read what she thinks here


I've posted one track as a taster, but it could have been any of the 8 as there isn't a duff one there. So preview the track below and if you like what you hear download the lp at their website at the link above or even better buy the physical cd which is a fiver


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link.A really good album.They remind me of The Lucksmiths.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh the lucksmiths now there is a band that should have been bigger than the beatles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this. Cheers for putting it up

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.