Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Strange Covers - Streets of Philadelphia




I've posted before about how I've never really been much into Brucie, but do like a number of covers of his songs. I've already posted Thunder Road by Badly Drawn Boy and Tougher Than the Rest by Everything But the Girl and here is another one


Butcher Boy do a great job with Streets of Philadelphia, bringing out all it's haunting qualities.


Big thank you to Phil who often leaves great comments on the blog and recently sent me a couple of compilation cds which featured this track

 

2 comments:

  1. One of the best new bands to come out of Scotland.I fully expect their new album,out in July,to be one of the highlights of the year.
    Phil
    Currently listening to the sounds you sent me....cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil

    hope you like the cd

    I'm looking forward to the new lp as I thought the first 2 were great

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.