Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Strange Covers - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime


Some songs sound so timeless that it is hard to believe they weren't written in at the birth of pop music and are destined to be covered endlessly. Every body's Got To Learn Sometime is one of those songs.

 Although a top 5 in the UK in 1980 the song passed me by as did everything else by the band the Korgis (I've still no idea of what anything else by the band sounds like).

I first heard the song on The Dream Academy's 2nd lp Remembrance Days. It is not a radical departure from the original but it has a slightly more dream like quality that fits with the rest of the lp perfectly. I like it better than the original

Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime - The Dream Academy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.