Thursday, 6 October 2011

A Black Bargain

A while back Not Another Singer Songwriter featured Black , or as he now records Colin Vearncombe.
However he has recently released a cd under the Black name called Any Colour You Are and made it available as a download from his website here

It is a compilation of 16 tracks that have been released on his own label - thus his 2 biggest hits are included in rerecorded form - the version of Sweetest Smile is stunning. There are studio recordings and live tracks spanning about 20years and the various lps and eps he has released

I've not posted a track as Colin is offering an amazing deal. By including the discount code below you get the whole lp for the princely sum on 75p!!

You can listen to the tracks and buy the lp here

Discount code is  mrg4song

7 comments:

  1. Cheers! Now that's what I call a bargain
    Phil
    Tel Aviv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning David and Phil. We must stop meeting like this. I'm sitting here listening to my 75p worth and must say it's a bargain; but why are musicians giving their music away?
    Colin's songs have endured; appreciate the heads up.
    See you for breakfast tomorrow (Come On England!)
    Trev
    PS: could you boys try and leave a comment with Hissyfit?
    I fear it's bust...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trev

    I'm still having problems - I've tried with both google acc and anon options but with both when i press post my comments just disappear form the comments dialogue box. I'm not sure if the issue ismy end or yours - I've left a question on the blogger help gforum but yet to get a response
    I'll have another go now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi trev
    just tried ot leave a comment and still having the same issue (although as said this may be an issue at my end)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found this on the blogger outstanding issues page

    We're investigating reports of users not being able to comment on IE8/9 from the embedded form. We hope to have a fix out shortly, but in the meantime we encourage admins to switch to either the full-page or pop-up forms which should be working without issue.

    Thanks for your patience, and we'll make sure to update this post as soon as we have more info.

    Not sure what it means nad if it relates to issues I'm having leaving comments on your blog trev. - will have a play about tonight when back from work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just wonderful, already on the car iPod.
    The rerecorded Sweetest Smile is sublime, mesmerizing.
    Mr. Vearncombe remains a singular songwriter and an ever evolving singer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Echo

    agree the sweetest smile version is fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.