Saturday, 5 November 2011

New Music - Countryside Beggars on Horseback



I picked up this band from a post on the wonderful Sunset over Slawit blog. The post was about a new singer who records under the name The Countryside. What got my initial interest is that the singer, Graeme Slattery is a former guitarist with the Devlins , another bigger than the beatles contender, but that is for another post.

The second thing was that he mentions is that Graeme counts as his influences , Blue Nile , Aztec Camera and Prefab Sprout, anyone of which would have had me following the link pronto.

After listening to a couple of tracks I downloaded the lp Beggars on Horseback. It is full of of mellow melody reflective of the fact the lp is influenced by the singers move from a life in the city to living in a converted stable in the heart of the country

You can listen to the lp on soundcloud here. Give it a full listen because this is one of those lps where the overall mood is stronger than any individual song. Just right for a come down after the giddy thrills of bonfire night!

You can buy the lp or individual tracks via Amazon here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link.I like this.I like this rather a lot.The track 'Lester Piggott' is very Sproutlike.Also hints of Clientele.
    Phil
    Tel Aviv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil

    glad you like it - I think Lester Piggott is one of the stand out tracks

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.