Saturday, 3 December 2011

2 for the price of 1




Trevor Jones, one half of Miracle Mile and now top blogger hissyfit has release two fantastic solo lps that I've written about before (Keepers and Hopeland)

Both lps have a number of spoken word tracks as well as more traditional songs. Trevor has pulled the best of the "song" tracks together onto one lp Ghost of Song , just in case the idea of the spoken word elements put people off taking the plunge. He honestly puts it that the 2 lps didn't sell that well and he doesn't want the songs to get lost.

If you want something warm and melodic for a winter's evening, then get hold of a copy , it is songwriting of the highest quality, the aural equivalent of a malt whisky.

Like all good lps that grow on you - its an lp for life not just for xmas! (I dont think I'll be asked to do the band's marketing anytime soon!)

Even better you can buy the lp for £10 and get any Miracle Mile lp for free -you can find the link and a bit more detail about the lp here

5 comments:

  1. I think that you might have something there David:
    'Ghost' isn't just for life it's for Xmas... it should now sell in sled loads...
    Thanks for the plug; currently working on my 'Best of 2011' lists, I'll show you mine if...

    ReplyDelete
  2. still swapping ones around - been thrown by suddenly remembering that the elbow and noah and the whale lps were released thisyear and not last

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's been a fine year.
    I know that you love your Brit music David but 'Civil Wars' will take some beating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mr. blog-runner, David I presume?

    I just wanted to post a comment complimenting you on your excellent blog. An avowed anti-social networker, I swore to my wife that I would not get sucked into the vortex of the blogosphere, as she has with frickin' Facebook.
    However, being a big fan of Miracle Mile, in a moment of weakness, I finally figured out how to post a comment on "hissyfit". A virgin no more...
    Anyway, I've been following your site "incognito" for a couple of years now, and I'm really in awe of the volume and quality of stuff that you come up with. Your enthusiasm for the arts shines through in your excellent writing.
    I've always had a predisposition for music from "across the pond", my Irish genes perhaps. Since the 80's I've been an avid fan of Lloyd Cole, Blue Nile, Deacon Blue, Go-betweens, Prefab, Waterboys, Bible, Love & Money, Pearlies, EBTG, Trashcans, James, etc. Amazing stuff that barely registered here in America.
    Years ago, I came across "Rainsound", which was where I became aware of Miracle Mile, who I can't say enough good things about! It seems that you are carrying on the tradition of trying to share these "secret treasures" with others. Maybe in an alternate universe (or heaven?) all this stuff will be on the playlist...
    Oh, I wanted to thank you for tipping me off to David Sylvian and Redbox, a couple that missed my radar... good ones!
    My apologies for my reticence in commenting earlier. Keep up the brilliant work!

    Toronto Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay Up Tim; nice to see you here also...
    Trev

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.