Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Life of Live - Boo Hewerdine





We are noew entering a phase of Life of Live when I started to take much fewer risks in concert going and started to see the same people time and time again (At one point we saw Boo Hewerdine so many times that at one point my wife did wonder if it classed as stalking). As a result concerts tend to blur into one another.

I'm guessing this one for Boo Hewerdine was part of touring his 3rd lp Thanksgiving. This lp marked a move towards a quieter more reflective sound. I cant remember too much about the concert except that this track was one of the highlights. A great kitchen sink drama of a relationship lyric matched by Eddi Reader's outro vocal

Murder in the Dark - Boo Hewerdine



And I know a game
Two of us can play
And there are no rules
You'd break them anyway
When I reach for you
And you turn away
That's murder in the dark


If you want to buy Thanksgiving and I heartily recommned you do , then you can get it direct from Boo's website here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.