Monday, 30 January 2012

Misery Monday - Boo Radleys Wilder




This week's misery monday comes from the Boo Radley's breakthrough lp.  Not the radio chirpy style of Wake up Boo but one of those personal songs where you almost feel like you are intruding on a private conversation, where it becomes apparent that 2 partners want different things and you kind of know that whatever the outcome it will change the relationship and maybe not for the better

Against a gorgeous bit of piano Martin Carr explains why he has to move to London. Sice's sorrowful soft vocal is a perfect fit for the lyric


Could I get much colder
To live somewhere else
In my head and in my heart
Is it to much to forgive

And if I were much wiser
Maybe I would realise
That it's not where you are
It's who you're with

But maybe it's brighter down there
Maybe it's wilder
Maybe it's brighter down there
Maybe it's wilder

You have seen the worst of me
For that I'm truly sorry
It's not you, it's this place
And not knowing where to turn

Maybe I would be sorry
But I need to find out
I know you don't understand
I can't blame you for that

But maybe it's brighter down there
Maybe it's wilder
maybe it's brighter down there
Maybe it's wilder

Even the weird meandering over the top ending and the final ringing bell somehow fits

Wilder - The Boo Radleys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.