Tuesday, 20 March 2012

My favourite newish band



I've written before about Cancel the Astronauts who a re currently leading the "band I most want to hear their debut lp" award for 2012. Although they are also leading in the band I'd least like to see at the olympics!

They have a new single out, Intervention and it rushes along with a joyful infectious synth backing duelling with jangly guitars and sing along words. As with the last single the other tracks are just as strong.

you can listen to all 3 here as well as buying the ep.

My favourite is actually the 3rd song The Hardest Thing which slows things down a bit, but I'm a sucker for love gone wrong songs. Give them a listen and see if you agree


5 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    if anything their 1st ingle is even better. What I like is that the b sides are just as good as the main track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim

    if anything their 1st ingle is even better. What I like is that the b sides are just as good as the main track

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS! Took time to check out the back-catalog of EP's... Awful moniker, and ugly dudes, but some of the catchiest tunes I've heard in awhile. Who do they sound like? First listen, to 'Intervention' I thought a less flaky Phoenix, but that's "off"...
    'I Am The President', 'Things I Shouldn't Tell', 'Standing Still', 'Funny For A Girl', and all of "Seven Vices" and "Intervention" are wonderful, but every cut has the hooks... You were dead-on about the extra tracks, all excellent.
    I'm ordering all of it! Thanks for the tip-off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.