Thursday, 24 May 2012

New Music - Valentine Black


Thanks to 2U I Bestow for featuring this singer/band in their rundown of top 50 artists in Ireland. I rushed out bought the Cd which came through with a rather nice signed beer mat!

Valentine Black is the recording name for Peco McLoughlin, from Kildare. His debut lp is Desire Lines

It has got that slightly rootsy feel I like and reminds me a bit of Scottish singer Kevin McDermott with a hint of Brucie. Some of his vocals also call to mind Duke Special although with a less music hall and a more traditional rock backing, which all makes him stand out against the more reflective singer songwriters.

You can buy the lp either as a digital download or a physical cd from his website here

In the meantime here is one of my favourites followed by one of his early singles which is also on the lp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.