Monday, 4 June 2012

Middle of the Road Monday part 3 John Cougar Mellancamp



Goodness knows why I like this as much as I do , I mean a man who feels the need to put an animal as a middle name , and it starts with the words "a little ditty" for goodness sake

...But love it I do. I wasn't quite alone with this one a my friend Tim in college also liked it , however Tim has probably the worst music taste ever (the thought is reciprocated I'm sure) so this isn't really much of a recommendation.

In the days before internet and the chance to travel to the US I used to wonder on the magical sounding "chilli dogs" what an earth were they when they were at home?.... as the world got smaller and I found out it was a bit of a let down.

At its heart it is an acoustic good old boy story song , however there is a mass of handclaps , 80s drumming, a soaring middle 8 and some power guitar chords... what is not to like?



Jack and Diane - John Cougar Mellancamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.