Tuesday, 3 July 2012

This month I have mostly been buying ...... Husky


Having started working in the centre of town again , the forgotten tradition of popping into hmv on a monday to look at the new releases has returned. This is doing nothing for my bank balance. This week's mini theme covers what I've been buying lately.

First up is the debut lp by Australian band Husky. They make that kind of gentle folk / catchy pop hybrid that I've come to love and in some ways remind me a bit of the UK's leisure society.

The lp Forever So is full of Lush songs with quirky arrangements. Here are a couple of videos for the singles



Good as they are they arent the best tracks on the lp which you can get here

2 comments:

  1. Husky are a band I've not heard of before so thanks for yet another top tip.This year has been a bumper one for good new music,I'm wearing out the 'paypal' button on the computer!
    Phil
    Tel Aviv
    Try the debut albums by French Wives and Crybaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of french wives but had seen some reviews for cry baaby - will give both a listen

    i agree for some reson this year has been so much better than last year

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you are listening to.